Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And we're off!

This is my first-ever attempt at creating a blog, and the next technology adventure of my MLIS experience. A couple of weeks ago, it was Google Sites for an online portfolio. I can't say I have much experience with Web 2.0 in terms of library technologies, but I am familiar with social networking tools like Facebook, Twitter, etc. (I use Facebook, and I have a feeling I'll cave into Twitter very soon). I have played with LibraryThing, I've seen Second Life demonstrations, and I've read blogs. I know I have a lot to learn, and I'm confident that this will be worth every frustrating second. I'm open-minded and ready to explore, and I hope to walk away with a better understanding of not just how libraries use Web 2.0 technologies, but also how I can better prepare myself for the transition into the profession.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany - was your portfolio for MLIS 7000? I ended up registering the domain name MLIS2011.com with GoDaddy for ten bucks and using their free 5-page web site (though it does have ads on it) to do my portfolio. It's at

    http://www.mlis2011.com

    I'm pretty happy with the way it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was for 7000, I was pretty happy with Google sites as a starter place. I still have a lot of work to do (experience to add), so I'll definitely keep this in mind. Looks really good!

    Mine's at:
    http://sites.google.com/site/brittanynemge/

    ReplyDelete